Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Just got back from Cape Girardeau, Missouri, where I did an interview yesterday with David Limbaugh. He's a very nice guy whose recent book Persecution is a must-read (though the title may be a tad of an overstatement). Of course, I never pass up an opportunity to journey back to White Castles/Imo's Pizza country.

While I get back into the saddle, I thought you might enjoy reading a review of the soon-to-be-dead Air America radio network from the New York Daily News. The piece, by Pulitzer Prize winner Michael Goodwin, is called "Liberal radio is airing bad jokes and worst taste." I wonder what he thinks of it?

The best part is this little tidbit:
During a day of torture by radio, I heard ads for Hewlett-Packard, Greyhound and, especially, General Motors. I asked GM why it appeared in such shows.

Ryndee Carney, GM's manager of marketing communications, said the ads were wrongly picked up from an earlier deal with WLIB. She said the station was ordered to "cease and desist" yesterday, and added: "GM will not advertise on any Air America affiliates."
Ouch.

No comments: