Monday, October 04, 2004

The Tyranny Of The Brainless

The conventional wisdom seems to be developing around last Thursday night's debate, and as I originally feared, it's not the least bit good for President Bush. I don't think it's overstating it to say that the first debate, from the pro-Bush perspective at least, will eventually be referred to as "the disastrous first debate."

The shame of it all is that this debate, like everything else the campaigns will do for the next month, was primarily geared towards the "undecided voter." It is the "undecided voter" that holds the future in his trembling hands.

As I've mentioned before, at this stage not only should our most crucial decisions not be left up to "undecided voters," but it is my firm opinion that anyone who is still undecided this late in the game should actually be put to sleep.

"Hmmmm...." says the Undecided Voter. "I'm just not sure how I feel on abortion, homosexual marriage, the war in Iraq, taxes, governmentalized health care, homeland security, or judicial activism. I have no firm opinions yet on that stuff. Maybe the next debate will help me decide."

Such a person is not merely "undecided." Such a person is "amoral," "completely lacking a moral or philosophical compass," and "a clear and present danger to society." He should be put down for his own safety and the safety of those around him.

No comments: