Thursday, September 01, 2005

And How's Your Family?

Yesterday I submitted a comment to the amusingly vacuous Huffington Post, which they have evidently rejected for publication.

I was commenting in regard to Robert F. Kennedy's recent post there, entitled "For They That Sow The Wind Shall Reap The Whirlwind." In it, Bobby Jr. takes some solace in the fact that Hurricane Katrina devastated Mississippi, whose governor, Haley Barbour, actively opposed the Kyoto treaty. Bobby essentially argues that global warming caused the hurricane, that Barbour (by opposing Kyoto) caused global warming, and that Barbour is therefore receiving his just desserts.

For the record, here's the comment I tried to post which was rejected:
"For they that sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind."

I can't believe I'm seeing that scripture being quoted by someone whose immoral, decadent, hedonistic family Divine Providence keeps finding new and novel ways of wiping out.

Reap what they sow indeed.
What I want to know is: if the globe is so darned warm, how does Bobby's family find enough snow to play ski-football?

No comments: