Friday, August 01, 2003

I'm not a big fan of the president's spending policies so far. However, I am a big fan of the notice I got in the mail yesterday informing me that my child tax credit (read: refund) will be arriving in a few weeks.

Of course, the Democrats are even using this is a club against Bush. They claim it's unfair to the poor, since the poor don't get a check in the mail for their kids.

Which has given me an idea. Tonight, I'm going to go down to Pro Player Stadium and demand a ticket refund from the Marlins. When they ask what game I had tickets for, I'm going to say "What tickets? I didn't buy anything. If you're going to sit there and tell me I had to buy tickets first just to get a ticket refund, you'll be exposing your horrid prejudice against people who can't afford tickets. Tommorrow, I'll have thousands of people down here who've never bought a baseball ticket in their lives to picket you. Now knock off the unfair behavior and give me my refund."

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: