Thursday, May 27, 2004

I've never watched "American Idol," so I don't know Rueben Studdard from Rueben Kinkaid.

But I'm told that a black gal won the whole thing last night, meaning that Elton John needs to shut his fat yapper.

Last month, John evidently complained about "racism" when a couple of white folks beat a couple of black folks in the telephone voting.
"The three people I was really impressed with, and they just happened to be black, young female singers, and they all seem to be landing in the bottom three," said John, commenting on the tally in which the lowest vote-getter is eliminated.

"They have great voices. The fact that they're constantly in the bottom three -- and I don't want to set myself up here -- but I find it incredibly racist," John said...
Even if a white person had won "Idol," John's comments would still be idiotic. By his reasoning, anyone who purchases an Elton John record is a racist, since there are plenty of black acts they've bypassed in order to do so.

But the fact that the contest was won by a black person means that this poofter ought to A) apologize to America, B) shut his pie hole, and C) go back to picking out which toupee he's going to wear under his pink fez.

No comments: