Tuesday, March 11, 2003

The world is divided into two different kinds of people. Some have attempted to draw that line between conservatives and liberals, Jews and Gentiles, or dog people and cat people. The real division between the two kinds of people on this earth is: Leno people vs. Letterman people. I am an unabashed Letterman person. Leno people are dullards. Unless, of course, you are a Leno person, in which case of course I don't include you in that description...

Dave is apparently under the weather with shingles, so he's having guest hosts fill in for him this week. I miss the days of guest hosts. When did talk show hosts start doing all their shows themselves? Whatever happened to the days when Johnny was working maybe 30 weeks a year, and on any given night you had a better-than-even chance of tuning in to find somebody like MacLean Stevenson or Larry Storch hosting? Come to think of it, I guess I do see why they now do all their shows themselves...

Yikes, it's like my third day blogging, and already it's starting to read like Larry King's old USA Today column. "Call me crazy, but I love lemon Jello....Why doesn't Ben Gazzarra have a series?....American theater will never be the same without the great Nell Carter.....Every night I thank God for the guy who invented thumb tacks...."

No comments: