Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Please, Lord, Let This Be On Tape

It's rare but wonderful when they bluntly state their philosophy.

At a fundraiser for Sen. Barbara Boxer in San Francisco, Sen. Hillary Clinton told the presumably well-to-do attendees, "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Oh, how I'd love to see that bite run over and over again before November.

Ms. Rodham told them, "Many of you are well enough off that ...the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

She's actually promising tax increases, something that worked so well for Walter Mondale a few years back. I don't know about you, but I got tax relief under the current administration, and I'm hardly "well-off." But I have no doubt that Hillary and her party again intend to take away what little was returned to me.

No comments: