Friday, November 17, 2006

Hard Habit To Break

The guy in the office across the hall from me and I can't seem to stop singing the Chicago song "25 or 6 to 4" today. A favorite of marching bands and 30-year class reunions everywhere, it kind of gets stuck in your head like an errant spike from a recklessly-wielded nail gun. But I've realized that I have no idea what in the world "25 or 6 to 4" means. I know what "six of one, a half-dozen of the other" is, and I know that "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." But I've never heard "25 or 6 to 4" come up in conversation. Maybe it's a point spread. "I'll take Chicago over Houston, 25 or 6 to 4." Beats me. Anybody?

Okay, and it's kind of unrelated, but is anyone else finding themselves creeped out by the new Outback Steakhouse theme song/jingle? If you've been looking for Wang Chung lately (and really, who among us hasn't?), I think I know where they might be.

Related Tags: , ,

No comments: