Friday, October 03, 2003

Houston, We Have a Problem

Rush Limbaugh, in his first program since the drug allegations broke, declined to discuss the issue at all. He said something like "Until I know what I'm dealing with here, it would be unwise for me to address it."

Something tells me Rush is going to have some 'splaining to do. While the story may not be exactly as it's been written, I've been sitting here trying to figure out one good reason for a completely innocent person to not say "This thing is the furthest thing from the truth, and it will be going away very quickly, as you'll soon see." Or even, "I don't know anything about this supposed investigation, but I will tell you this: I absolutely do not have a drug problem." I've been trying to figure out one good reason, legal or otherwise, I haven't been able to yet.

Arguments from silence don't prove anything--but it sure is a glaring silence.

No comments: