- The ladies over at the evangelical outpost really have their panties in a wad over Ann Coulter. If there's any group who knows what's funny and what isn't, it'd be my fellow evangelicals...
The column that sparked their snit can be found here. And a substantial archive of her horrific and hilarious columns can be found here. (Warning: Not for nancy-boys and delicate Victorian prudes.)
- Pastor John Piper sailed through his prostate cancer surgery on Tuesday, which is welcome news. My prayer is that he returns to "active duty" quickly.
- I'm currently working on a television documentary on The Da Vinci Code, the movie version of which is scheduled to be released in May (starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard). In New York, I stopped by the Opus Dei U.S. headquarters to ask some questions. Nobody tried to kill me or anything. In fact, they seemed like regular, nice people. No murderous, albino monks to be found. In fact, Opus Dei doesn't even have monks, as it turns out. But everything else in Dan Brown's book is a fraud, so I shouldn't have been suprised.
- If there's one blog in the blogosphere that deserves to be read by more people, it's Terrible Swift Word. Brian's given it an all-new look, and there might not be anybody in the blogosphere who more directly corresponds with the thoughts rattling around inside my head. This week, he delineates the different kinds of movie remakes ("Whatever," "Again!?" and "Sacred Ground,") and offers some observations on the disturbing new Flavor-Flav reality show.
- The Therapist reports:
Arab Muslims Riot Over Coverage Of Earlier RiotsRead the rest here.
Middle East--Complaining about "distinctly monolithic reporting" with regard to rioting, Arab Muslims around the Middle East took to the streets to protest media coverage of their earlier takings to the street.
- Which puts me in the mind of something Ann Coulter said in the infamous column that gave the evangelical outpost the vapors:
The "offense to Islam" ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire. These people have a serious anger management problem. So it's not exactly a scoop that Muslims are engaging in violence. A front-page story would be "Offended Muslims Remain Calm."
Related Tags: Ann Coulter, evangelical outpost, evangelicals, John Piper, Da Vinci Code, The Da Vinci Code, Opus Dei, Dan Brown, Terrible Swift Word, The Therapist, Muslims