Thursday, October 14, 2004

...She Really Sits Around The House

So Kerry brought Dick Cheney's gay daughter into the conversation again last night, the second time the Dems have done this in the debates.

Today, after Lynne Cheney strenuously objected, John Edwards' wife Elizabeth said on ABC Radio:
She's overreacted to this and treated it as if it's shameful to have this discussion. I think that's a very sad state of affairs… I think that it indicates a certain degree of shame with respect to her daughter's sexual preferences… It makes me really sad that that's Lynne's response.
Nice.

Here's what I so wish. I wish that there had been a question in last night's debate about our national obesity problem. Then Bush could have responded by saying:
We ought not to treat obesity as a character or discipline problem. Why, my opponent's running mate John Edwards is married to a huge, fat woman himself. And John Edwards loves his bovine wife. I have great respect for the way that John Edwards supports (metaphorically speaking of course; I mean, he's not Superman!) his corpulent, lardy, genetically "big-boned" wife. It's touching.
Suppose Mr. or Mrs. Edwards might say something about that? Not if they're comfortable with her porcine appearance, which undoubtedly they are. Wouldn't bother them a bit. Right?

No comments: